Monday, October 20, 2014

The Christmas Miracle (timed prompt)

It was Christmas Eve. Fog stuck to the tarmac at Lingbergh Field. Aunt Mariah and Grandma Rose are bickering about who the hell knows. While they bickered my uncle Peter and Grandpa  Joe were talking to the receptionist about an alternative route to New York. My mom and Dad must be worried out of their mind. The kids were whining and tugging at our clothes saying Santa Clause wouldn't find them there while my uncle Tim was passed out on the floor. This has got to be the worst Christmas Eve ever. The snow piled up outside making all my hopes fell that very moment when uncle peter and Grandpa came back with grim expressions  all over their faces.
      "All the planes are delayed until the snow can stop. Sorry honey looks like we won't make it home to see your baby sister born after all." My grandpa explained with sadness in his eyes. I nodded my head fighting back tears. This is the only thing I want. To see my baby sister get born. I can't believe it I'm going to miss my baby sister's birth. We all sit down not saying anything. I pick up my four year old cousin and fall asleep to the sound of my everyone crying.
   "Quick wake up honey!" I was jerked awake by my Cousin Ryan. I glance up and there is this guy. He looks like he just did an all nighter, he was tall with a full bearded. He had bags under his eyes and looked like he was about to drop, but he still agreed to give us  ride home. 
            "This man said he can give us a ride on his plane to the New York. Beatrice we are going to make it sweetie." I laugh with happy tears streaming down my face.  I ran up to the guy and thanked him for helping me have my wish come true. In an hour we were all  at the hospital. It was exactly twelve o'clock when my baby sister was born. I forgot about everything else but my sister when she looked at me. Her blue eyes stared at me in awe. I'm her older sister now, the one to protect her, the one to help her through life. This is the best Christmas gift ever. All I have to thank is that man. He was tired and wanted to go home but he gave us a lift still. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here. Thank you Mr. plane guy. Thank you for everything. Have a Merry Christmas, you sure deserve it.

     PS: The author said that when she gave her student this prompt she said that almost all wrote about bad things like death, and violence. I don't agree with her, I wrote a prompt and it was happy ending nothing  bad happened. No one died or had violence. Not all people write violence when they read this prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment